- Providing a free and confidential 24-hour Helpline – 1-800-GAMBLER (Text: 1-800-426-2537) for those struggling with problems due to gambling.
- Educating the citizens of Maryland about the risks of gambling and gambling addiction through Public Awareness
- Training counselors, educators, prevention specialists, and other health care and social service providers and developing new training approaches to help individuals and their families.
- Creating a network of problem gambling capable Treatment providers by providing technical assistance to health care and behavioral health care providers and maintaining a problem gambling counselor Referral List to address the issue of problem gambling.
- Assisting individuals dealing with at risk and problem gambling through Peer Recovery Support.
- Developing and implementing Prevention and community outreach programs.
- Providing Public Policy information on strategies to address the impact of gambling on Public Health within Maryland.
- Engaging in evaluation and Research.